Android Auto is your smart driving companion that helps you stay focused, connected, and entertained with the Google Assistant. With a simplified interface, large buttons, and powerful voice actions, Android Auto is designed to make it easier to use apps that you love from your phone while you’re on the road.
Just say “Ok Google” to…
• Route to your next destination using Google Maps or Waze with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
• Get updates on your route, ETA, and hazards in real-time.
• Have the Google Assistant check your calendar for you so you know where you need to be.
• Set reminders, get updates on the news, and check last night’s score.
• Avoid distractions while driving by setting a custom do not disturb message while driving.
• Make calls using Google Assistant and answer incoming calls with just a tap.
• Access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with the Google Assistant using SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo, and many more messaging apps.
• Manage your infotainment system like never before. Listen to your favorite media apps including Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TIDAL – High Fidelity Music Streaming, Napster Music, and Deezer. Many more music, radio, news, sports news, audiobook, and podcast apps are also supported.
The number of compatible apps is always growing! For a full list of compatible apps, go to http://g.co/androidauto
To use Android Auto, you’ll need a phone running Android 5.0 or higher (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, or Oreo) and an active data connection.
Over 400 car models now support Android Auto! To find out if your car display is compatible and how to enable it, check your owner’s manual or contact your car’s manufacturer. Once enabled, use a high quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then launch Android Auto to get going!
Learn more about Android Auto and compatible cars at http://android.com/auto
For support: http://support.google.com/androidauto
Get help from our community: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto
December 6, 2018
Switched from apple to android and I think carplay was a bit better. My steering wheel control will only skip tracks and not fast forward the music like it did before. When using the Google assistant to ask to play music, it will try to play a playlist containing the artist name. It would be better …
December 2, 2018
Love android auto and the fact that they give a selection of music apps to use. Also liking the new addition of Waze to the navigation apps. Sometimes I find the timing of Waze to be a little off in a sense of how the app is tracking you as you drive down the road and approach a turn. It’s too slow….
December 18, 2018
This is a great app to use. I have been using it since I got my new stereo put in worked like a charm until the new update. I plugged in my Note 9 in line always but for some reason when i went to tap the screen it wouldn’t work. I thought it was my stereo but good thing I troubleshooted it first be…
Google LLCDecember 18, 2018
Hi Francisco. Thanks for your feedback. We’d like to understand the issue better and help troubleshooting. When you have a moment, visit our user community https://goo.gl/uJYCRt and tell us more. You can also check out Android Auto FAQ here: https://goo.gl/viJZW4.
December 14, 2018
This is mostly very effective and works really well with Vauxhall intelilink. Just once in a while it has an issue in linking by USB. Just one irritation in the Spotify connection, the system knows when the car is moving and disables most of the control, browsing and so on. This is understandable as…
• Browse media more easily
• View results for Google Assistant media searches
• Visually preview messages (while stopped)
• Notifications for group messages
• Use phone keyboard while parked for entering text
• We want to hear from you! Join the conversation in our community https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto
December 3, 2018
Varies with device
5.0 and up
Flag as inappropriate
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View 94043
YouTube Music – Stream Songs & Music Videos
Google Play Games